Thursday 17 February 2022

Not much of a plumber

It’s quite apparent I’m not much of a plumber!  That stated, 80% of the pool solar heating plumbing is complete.  For the past several days he temperature has been in the low 40’s and I’ve therefore confined myself to only working a couple of hours first thing in the morning.

I found an alternative to my original plan of Aralditing the thermocouple into the pipework and have completed the plumbing on the roof of the shed.

P1010855 

Solar panel hot water outlet

The thermocouple is obscured in the above photo as it is lying horizontally.  The orange pipe is actually electrical conduit covering the PEX water pipe.  PEX isn’t ultra violet stable.and will perish in direct sunlight.  I’ve covered all the PEX with electrical conduit which is UV stable.

Behind the shed I cut the swimming pool plumbing pipes to the right of the UV Sanitizer and the left of the Chlorinator.  50mm ‘T’ were inserted before reconnecting the pool plumbing.

P1010856

My PEX pipe connects into the back of the 50mm T’s with risers to a stop valve

P1010857

The cold inlet goes through the 12V pump and up onto the roof where it is connected to the panel inlet

P1010858

The last of the plumbing involves the pipework between the horizontal hot and cold pipes to the stop valves.

P1010859

I will have to take my time with this part as the pipes require an S bend away from the shed wall.

The last part of the plumbing will be to complete the tiding and securing of the conduit.

The electrical cable I ordered still hasn’t been delivered.  No doubt because I ordered it from an Australian supplier rather than purchasing it from China ;-)

.

2 comments :

Ade said...

Now’t wrong wiv that plumbing Tom! Looking good 40 deg that’s too hot!
Cheers
Ade

Tom and Jan said...

Ade I've realised I've erred in my judgement and have an issue which will need to be resolved. Yes, 40+ is getting uncomfortable!