Friday 4 February 2022

Principles

Using the principles of levers, fulcrums, turning moments, a simple lightweight timber frame and brute strength I managed to get the solar hot water panels onto the shed roof.

P1010829

By the time the relocation was completed it was starting to get hot and I decided to go to the plumbing wholesaler where I intended to purchase the rubber ring washers used as seals when the panels connect.

The storeman said “Rheem Solar Hot Water System!” and I agreed, guessing he was right!  He returned with the two washers and I started fingering the 50c coin in my pocket.

P1010835

He looked in the computer system and announced $9.66.  I was so damned stunned by the price I actually paid!!! Sad smile What I should have done is gone to the chemist and bought two condoms and then cutting their ends off.  This is based on the assumptions condoms are cheaper than $4.83 each.

I’ll have to include the location of these rubber washers in my will.  That will enable the children to recover and sell them as part of their inheritance.

A courier van appeared mid morning delivering the small (and cheap) 12V water pump Jan had ordered from eBay.

P1010821

There were a further two courier delivers today.  The first was a long, well wrapped package which I immediately guessed contained the aluminium extrusion for the DIY router fence.

P1010819P1010820

I immediately realised I’d made an error.  The ‘T’ profile in the aluminium is far smaller than I had anticipated and will require additional modifications to use the profile.

The second delivery was the adjustable mounting brackets for the router fence.  They were al;so ordered from China.

In the afternoon I drove to Timbercon in south Perth and purchased a dust extraction hood for the fence.  The price at $8 was cheaper than China.

P1010822

I have enough components to make a start on the fence.

P1010823

P1010824

Testing the layout

There was a problem with the size of the connection between the hood and the flexible hose.

P1010825

However I hunted through the box of “stuff that might be useful someday” and found two pvc pipe fitting surplus from the swimming pool installation.

P1010833

P1010834

It works Smile

The project will continue tomorrow.  

No comments :