Wednesday 31 August 2022

A Success

You may recall I had been pondering how to connect the omni wheel bike trailer to the rear of the bike.  I had been considering attaching it to the bike frame but eventually decided to source mounting bolts that would replace the standard bolts on the bike rear axle.

Searching the internet I found an Australian based supplier, but the bolts were for a Shimano Alfine 8 hub and mine is an Alfine 11.  I took a gamble that Shimano had the same sized thread on both hubs and placed an order.

The nuts were delivered this morning

P1020182

The original shaft and lock nuts delivered with the trailer.  They don’t fit my bike.  The two new nuts that were delivered today are below the shaft

P1020183

Original Shimano Alfine 11 locking nut on the left and the replacement trailer mounting nut on the right

P1020184

The new nuts fit the end of the Alfine 11 hub – SUCCESS

P1020185P1020186

I need to start practicing riding with the trailer attached

 

2 comments :

Paul (from Waterway Routes) said...

Maybe it's the angle of the camera but the middle photo appears to show the chain moving at an angle between two gears which aren't aligned properly.

Tom and Jan said...

Paul I agree with you about the appearance of the alignment in the photo. However I've checked the alignment with a ruler and it looks fine. I think it's a camera angle issue!