Thursday 18 January 2024

Open Live Writer 'Work Around"!

I now have the photos from Open Live Writer appearing in Blogger.  It wasn't my solution and the photos look slightly blurry.  But they now appear!

For those who use Open Live Writer this is how I did it

Step 1.   Login to Blogger

Step 2.  Go to the Layout option

Step 3.   In the main template screen click on + Add Gadget

Step 4.  From the drop down box select the HTML/JavaScript option

Step 5.  In the popup window give it a Title name.

Step 6.  In a new browser window or Tab go to the following link to obtain the required JavaScript

Step 7.  Copy the JavaScript and then paste it into the Blogger field 'Content'

Step 8.  Click save.

Step 9.  In the bottom left of the Blogger Template screen click the 'View Blog' option

Step 10.  Your blog should appear and after about 5 seconds all the photos that were missing should appear.

Credit to Robin Benton of Romany Rambler who pointed me in the right direction and Thy_Gizmo who wrote the JavaScript.

5 comments :

nb Bonjour said...

Hi Tom,
I abandoned Livewriter when I realised it was much easier to use Word for the text. It's got auto-correct for my most common typos and spell-checker does the biz for the rest! It's easy to shift things around too. When the text is complete I go to my blog, click on 'Sign in' at the top which takes you to the 'works' page, click on New Post and paste the text in - then use the Insert Image icon to get the photos, you can adjust size and add caption easily (though sometimes it puts things in odd places).
Happy blogging
Debby

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Is this to bring the photos up in old blogs or to add photos to new blogs. As some of my old blogs still show the photos

Tom and Jan said...

Brian several days ago photos inserted into OLW stopped appearing in Blogger. When I checked all the photos back to 2019 weren't there. If I clicked on the missing photo number in the blog they would appear.
Apparently Google has made a change which has affected the link between drive/photos and blogger.

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Debby,
Yes, that's my usual 'work around'. What is can't do is pre-date a blog post for subsequent publishing.
I suspect Google isn't that interested in maintaining Blogger. They make more money from other more inter-active social media.

Cheers

Tom

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Thanks Tom, Followed the instructions and back in business.
Brian