Sunday 28 January 2024

Spare…..

No…….. Not Harry!

My good friend Ken sold his Isuzu 4WD.  When I visited him earlier in the week he offered me a rim & tyre surplus to the sale.  Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I readily accepted.

The rim and tyre have been residing in a dusty corner of his shed, so the first thing I did was to give it a wash.  The tyre is new, but the rim had some rust.  A wire brush and sandpaper removed the surface rust.  It was then masked for painting.

P1030647

I'm painting it gloss silver to match the other rims.

P1030648

My masking wasn't perfect as there were a couple of overspray spots.  this doesn't matter as it will be the camper trailer spare which has a vinyl cover.

All my other rims and tyres are 265/75R16.  This is a 255/70/R16 which means it is 33mm smaller in diameter.  That won't make much difference on the trailer.  And it is the spare wheel!

No comments :