Wednesday 3 January 2024

Success and another small project

Upon checking the mailbox this morning I discover a small package from China had been delivered.  No sign of the postie, which means it was probably a courier delivery.  Inside I found the four 'T wingnuts' I'd ordered on 9 Dec.

P1030620

Two different lengths,

They had been ordered from Aliexpress after I had identified a restriction with the bike selfie stick mount.  The mounting bolts have a Hex (Allen) key head.

P1030623

This meant every time the selfie stick angle needed to be adjusted or the stick removed, required an Allen Key.  Just one more thing to carry on the bike! Sad smile

This could be avoided if I used 'T wingnut Bolts'

P1030625

It appears to work.  However I do need to go for a test ride.

Whilst cleaning the interior of the 4WD I came upon a small 12V hazard light wrapped in an old cloth and tucked away in a corner.

P1030621P1030622

The 12V power cord winds into the yellow body of the light.  It has a flashing red light on one side and a standard white light on the other.  I remember purchasing it in Singapore when we were living there in the early 80's.  At the time I thought it might be useful should our vehicle ever breakdown.  Seven cars later and its never been used.  

A quick test revealed it didn't work.  One bulb had blown and the hazard light switch had seized.  Carefully dismantling it I discovered it was the negative wire that was switched.  Some WD40 fixed the switch and the red hazard light now flashes. 

Forty years ago bulbs weren't very bright.  I've ordered two replacement LED bulbs.  Hopefully a functioning light will mean no breakdowns for the next forty years. Smile

No comments :