Friday 18 January 2019

First attempt at spray painting

With the temperature forecast to exceed 40C tomorrow it seemed like a good idea to make the most of today’s slightly cooler morning and paint the fence.  I’d pressure washed the fence last year and been delaying painting it because of the thought about all the effort it would take.  However Aldi had an electric spray gun for $29.99, which seemed an easier option over a brush or roller. 

This is my first attempt at spray painting, so the fence looked like a good first project.  Moreover, I need to paint the fence where the shed will be as it will be impossible to do this once the shed is erected.

OK, I cheated.  My first effort only had the spray gun full of water.  Confident I knew what I was doing I then decided to use paint. The first step was to wet down the cement fence.  The idea being a wet surface would reduce the amount of paint absorbed by the cement.  It also cooled down the surface.

This photo shows the old and new surfaces.


Jan had chosen a light grey water based paint.  I hadn’t realised how noisy the spray gun was going to be and after the first refill I used ear defender in an effort to retain what little hearing I have left.  I managed to get the rear boundary fence painted before lunch.  It was then too hot to continue.


I’m rather pleased with my finish and was delighted just how little paint I’d used.  Only two more sides to go.   

Now this appealed to me

After 10 years, the wife starts to think their child looks kind of strange so she decides to do a DNA test.  She finds out that the child is actually from completely different parents.
Wife: Honey, I have something very serious to tell you.
Husband: What’s up?
Wife: According to DNA test results, this is not our kid..
Husband: Well you don’t remember, do you?? When we were leaving the hospital, we noticed that our baby had pooped.  Then you said: “Please go change the baby, I’ll wait for you here.”  So I went inside, got a clean one and left the dirty one there.
Moral: Never give a man a job that doesn't belong to him Smile

2 comments :

Pip and Mick said...

Hi Tom

Obce again we can't publish a blog post with pictures in it using Open Live Writer. I was wondering if you have the same issue?
"The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request."

I think Google has been playing around again and there's not much Live Writer support these days to fix it.

Mick

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Mick

We have the same problem. I've been researching at it does appear Google has done something to upset OLW. I'm still attempting to find a work around!

Tom