Thursday 31 January 2019

Lifespan and more on the shed

Another 3 hours working on the shed lining before the temperature drove me back into the air conditioning.  It was in excess of 40C inside the shed which meant frequent water breaks.  I now have the timber framing installed to one wall.

This has been taking longer than usual because I’m attempting to use old scraps of timber.  Jan noticed a packet of metal right angle brackets in Aldi when we were food shopping on Wednesday and I immediately grabbed a pack thinking I could use them to secure the timber to the horizontal metal ‘C’ section.  They worked, I’m now wishing I’d purchased a second pack.  This wall still needs the insulation and plywood lining.
I also managed to fit the waterproof switch to the rear wall of the shed.  A piece of plywood was glued to the inside of the wall to provide some strength.

This gave me something to fix the switch against.

I used Sikaflex to ensure the join against the shed wall was waterproof.  The switch is for a future swimming pool.  I’ve deliberately located the shed a metre away from the boundary fence so it would leave a space for the pool filter and pump.  Hopefully the shed will muffle most of the noise.

Now if you were wondering about lifespan this may explain everything
On the first day, God created the dog and said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."
The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"
And God saw it was good.
On the second day, God created the monkey and said, "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."
The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"
And God, again saw it was good.
On the third day, God created the cow and said, "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."
The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"
And God agreed it was good.
On the fourth day, God created humans and said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."
But the human said, "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"
"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."
So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves.
For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family.
For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren.
And for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.
Life has now been explained to you.
If you are looking for me I will be on the front porch















7 comments :

Carol said...

Photos not showing Tom.

KevinTOO said...

Morning Tom, whilst you are sat on the porch (doing bugger all) can you see if you can find your photo links please? Many thanks :)

Mike Griffin said...

It's a small world, I have just purchased 2 of those packs of brackets from Aldi, by mail order!

Nev Wells said...

I seem to have started the monkey tricks a bit earlier than god planned for ! Enjoy the warmth if you can... a toasty -6 here today in the Staffordshire moorlands (did you ever make the Caldon Canal ?)

Paul (from Waterway Routes) said...

Nice pictures of No Entry signs again. Other bloggers recommend using Tom's workaround - have you tried that yet?!!!

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

No piccies... just sayin'

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Nev,

Yes we did. however I chickened out at the tunnel. Waiouru would have fitted but she was almost new and I was terrified I'd scratch the beautiful paintwork!