Tuesday 7 January 2020

60% Completed

Here in the jones household we have been discussing the status of the security screen on the front door.  It’s quite a strong metal screen with three point locks, grill and an insect screen.  The problem is it looks tired with paint peeling in some places. 

Do we replaced it at $400-900 or refurbish.  In the end we decide on the latter and I removed the door from the frame before pressure cleaning it with the water pressure washer.  This removed all the dirty and the loose paint.  The frame was then carefully sanded to provide something for the new paint to ‘key’ to when I started on the next step. 

As you may recall; I hate painting.  Notwithstanding this we made a trip to the local hardware store where Jan selected a gloss enamel paint.  I’d made it clear; if she chose a pot of paint then she would be doing the hand painting.  Aerosol paint was selected. 

Today was very hot with little wind.  Ideal weather to spray paint as the sunlight would bake the paint.

IMG_4260IMG_4261

The more difficult side has been completed and I’m rather pleased with the quality of the finish.  It can bake in the full heat of the afternoon and tomorrow morning I’ll paint the reverse.

I’ve also been spending some time in the workshop fabricating parts for my jerrican holders  from pieces of scrap steel.  More on that later.

No comments :