Monday 20 January 2020

Failure and a start

Local courier driver, Mr Boo delivered Jan’s new kitchen sink mixer tap this morning.  Mr Boo isn’t his real name, but he’s ethnic Chinese and very friendly.  We don’t know his name but have nicknamed him Mr Boo after the travelling green grocer who used to visit when we lived in Singapore.  nothing racist in the comment Meghan.

The problem with the new tap is it isn’t the same as the old and I won’t be able to fit it.

IMG_4271

Jan has decided to return it whilst I will look for a replacement valve component for the original mixer.  So a failure! Sad smile  Although we might save some money if I can repair the original.

On a more positive note I made a start on another project.  The house has an ‘open plan’ design which I assume is to make the interior more spacious.  However it does mean almost all of the house has to be heated or cooled.  Obvious there is an additional expense in heating or cooling the entire house.  Most of our time inside is spent in the front room and we’ve decide to fit a door which will significantly reduce the area to be heated or cooled.

Today I marked everything out before cutting the cornices.  Next I bolted 70x35mm pine framing timber into the opening to create the basic shape.

IMG_4272 

Jan has already decided she wants a painted timber door with glass panels.  I’ve found a suitable supplier but the purchase will have to wait until we can borrow my BIL’s trailer.  It won’t be the first time I’ve hung a door.

In the meantime I’ve been examining Jan’s Panasonic Lumix compact camera.  She dropped it within a few months of purchase and damaged the inbuilt lens cover.  We never had it repaired and now it probably so old (but unused) it wouldn’t be worth paying to have it repaired.  I’m thinking I might try and disassemble the camera before attempting to repair the dented component.

For those of you who have been following the Meghan and Harry story I have some social media news.  They are not leaving because of racism.  Apparently Meghan has twice failed the “Life in the UK Test” and without it she can’t apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain).  This means she is in the same position as the likes of Marilyn and David who can only annually spend a maximum of six months in the UK.  Smile  Smile

No comments :