Saturday 18 January 2020

It’s been hot!

You know it’s been hot when the apples on your tree looks like this…..

IMG_4265IMG_4266

This has happened despite the tree being watered for 30 minutes three times weekly.  I would have removed the fruit as a lost cause but Jan thinks it might be possible to salvage something from them. 

Meanwhile the tomatoes are looking somewhat unhappy with the higher leaves turning yellow.  They are also covered by the automatic water watering system….. Not that it appears to be doing much good!   I’ve raised the height of the lawnmower another notch in the hope longer blades of grass may survive the heat.

Another problem has been the kitchen sink mixer tap.  It started to leak and the steady drip was annoying Jan.  This wasn’t an issue for me….. Being slightly deaf does have some advantages. Smile

One of us needed the problem fixed which resulted in me working out how to remove the tap.  It’s one of those complicated mixer taps consisting of Hot & Cold along with a water filter system.

IMG_4267

Eventually I managed to remove the mixer.  It was at this point I failed to obey the first principle “Look for the easy things first”.  I managed to dismantle everything except for the main mixer valve.  This was (of course) the part leaking. 

IMG_4269

Frustrated I informed Jan I couldn’t fix the leak and she would need to purchase a replacement.  That was done online the same day.  However today my sister and Brother-in-Law (the plumber) visited and he showed me how to remove the last part of the mixer.

I need to replace the blue component in the photo below.

IMG_4270 

Actually we have decided not to replace it at this time.  Why pay to have two working taps when only one is required.

On a more successful note, the extension to the bathroom sewer connection is progressing. 

IMG_4268

I need to do a little more excavating before fitting the new sewer pipe to the bathroom toilet. 

No comments :