Thursday 3 December 2020

Trailer Water System

Modifications to the camper trailer water system are almost completed.  I’ve fitted the gravity fed hose to the underneath of the tank where it’s protected by the vertical heavy rubber skirt I fitted in an earlier modification and by a length of flexible conduit over the lower half of the food grade clear plastic hose.

P1010219

The final location of the hose in the stored position will be where the upper arrow is pointing.  I need to find a couple of hose clips to secure it vertically in this position.  The current shown location is temporary.  I also need to find a cap to fit over the end of the valve.

The old pump mechanism has been removed.  During this process I cut off the aluminium bracket which secured the pump.  I needed to find a way to fit a sight hose which would enable me to identify the water level in the tank.  In the end I bought 0.5 metres of clear food grade hose and a brass hose tail with a breather.  The breather will prevent an air lock in the hose.  The next issue was identifying how to secure the new sight hose vertically to the trailer.  In the end I realised I could Sikaflex the hose to the trailer where it will be out of the way but easily observable.

P1010218

The duct tape is holding the tube in place whilst the Sikaflex sets.

The was very little wind this morning and I decided to take my second flying lesson with the drone.  Before flying I made sure the drone setting were on ‘novice’.  This prevents the drone from going too high; too far; and too fast.  The actually flight was rather brief.  All of three minutes.  There were two problems.  The first was the sun beating down and burning the back of my neck.  The second was the flies who persisted in trying to climb into my nose and ears.  With both hands on the controls I was unable to shoo them away.  The next flight may require a head mesh and a sunshade for the controller screen.  After reviewing the captured video I’ve realised I’m still rotating the drone too fast.  More practice is required.

I did take a photo of our house.

Untitled-1

You should be able to make the photo larger by double clicking on it

The round orange landing pad is on the front lawn with me standing at the retaining wall wearing a blue shirt.  There are two orange patches on the roof where I’ve removed chimneys during renovations.  The backyard is obviously a mess whilst we wait for the pool paving to be installed.

1 comment :

KevinTOO said...

Picture quality good Tom and the pool would be very inviting if if wasn't so wet & cold in the UK right now... lol