Saturday 16 April 2022

New Station and the Drone Dropper

Whilst cycling yesterday I noticed the concrete batching plant for the new suburban rail line had been removed.  Formwork for the platforms of the new railway station at Malaga was being constructed.  This will be our nearest railway station.

P1010957

For more than a decade both major political parties have been promising to build an new northern inland suburban line connecting the Ellenbrook community to the city.  The current State Labor government has finally delivered on that promise.  The southern 10km of line will be constructed down the centre of the Tonkin Freeway (motorway) where it connect to the eastern Midland Line and into the city centre.  I must remember to take more photos as it’s an interesting project.

Meanwhile, the light sensor for the drone dropper attachment has received further modification.  Sunlight was leaking around the sensor shroud falsely triggering the dropper releasing the load prematurely.  I’ve attempted to mould car body filler around the shroud to fill in the gap.

P1010958

When I’m satisfied the modification is working I’ll give it a final sand and a coat of paint.

After looking at Pip & Mick’s breakfast photo I casually mentioned to Jan that we hadn’t eaten a DIY “Spoons Big Breakfast” for a few weeks.  Must have worked because today I got lucky.

P1010959

Mine

P1010960

Jan’s

As you can see; Jan is partial to crispy bacon whilst I’m a sausage man.  Jan actually queried whether I could eat four sausages?  Of course I can! <burp>

 

2 comments :

Jenny said...

You are so lucky that Jan listens to you occasionally and came up with a cooked breakfast. We get ours on Sunday mornings cooked by Robin.

Tom and Jan said...

Jenny you are obviously in secret supporting correspondence with Jan