Sunday 24 April 2022

Sore

Jan said to me “Aren’t you glad you’re older than 40.  All those stupid things you did when you were young aren’t on social media for posterity!”

I took the bike out for some exercise this morning.  In reality it was me more than the bike that needed the exercise Smile

A 60km circuit of the northern part of the city which took me 2hrs 34mins. 

bike route

Halfway through the ride my posterior started to tell me the seat padding was inadequate.  The brain told me to ignore the complain and press on.  Next the body started telling me “You’re no longer 40…. you’re no longer 50…. you’re no longer 60!”   I need to listen more to my body Smile

An hours rest and then lunch (Texas strawberries and little boys) followed by mowing the lawns.  All the while the dogs we are “sitting” followed me around.  Obviously they want a walk.  Well it was hot mid-afternoon and I think after the initial 2kms on hot concrete the dogs were having second thoughts about their appeal for exercise.  I certainly was!

The remaining chores around the house can wait for another day.

Brian I know all about the shock of water up the back when two weeks ago I rode through a bike underpass that had two large puddles.  The bike mudguards had been ordered previously, but still haven’t arrived.  Fortunately we have had very little rain recently.

I’m due for my 4th COVID booster in a week along with the annual flu shot.  All something to look forward to.  Jan is still recovering from her 3rd shot Sad smile

 

No comments :