Wednesday 30 November 2022

Wuling Pass

At last I can confidently claim Molly and Jan cannot run away from home!  The retaining wall has been extended and the gate installed.  We now have a lower walled garden where they can exercise.

P1020240

The wall is too high for Jan to climb and Molly can't get under the gate. 

Tomorrow I head for the airport. I'm flying with Cathay Pacific transiting through Hong Kong.  Unlike Air NZ, Cathay Pacific requires passengers to wear a mask at all times when not eating or drinking.

Yesterday evening an email arrived from the B&B in Taipei advising my ebike battery had arrived.  Another concern has been resolved! 

The Taiwan cycling trip has been planned around the weather.  December is winter in Taiwan and is also the month with the lowest rainfall.  I didn't want to be cycling in hot and humid weather.  Hopefully the planning will be a success, although there is a potential issue with my route back over the mountains.  The summit of Wuling Pass is just over 3000 metres and in winter there can be high winds, low temperatures, low cloud, snow and ice.  The road is steep and narrow with many hairpin bends.   My current itinerary will have me there on 25 December.  A white Christmas Smile

Cycling over the mountains isn't essential and I'm not going to take any unnecessary risks.  If the conditions are unsafe, I'll travel across by bus or train. 

 

1 comment :

Jenny said...

Its tomorrow morning when I'm reading this, so you will be on your way. Safe travels and we are looking forward to reading all about your Taiwan adventures. That is, if you are not too exhausted to blog at the end of each day!