Tuesday 25 February 2020

Outback “Stuff”

This morning the courier delivered more equipment for the planned outback trip later in the year. 

The first delivery was two recovery tracks.

IMG_4324

I now have a total of four, which makes sense when you know the vehicle has four wheels Smile

They are cheap chinese clones but as I don’t plan on using them (I hope) and if I have to; then it will be to get out of soft sand.  All they will need to do is spread the load and provide some traction

I’m going to fit them onto the top of the freezer compartment lid.  I’ve already cut out the securing bracket from some surplus steel.

IMG_4325IMG_4326

The second delivery was the replacement shock absorbers for the trailer. 

IMG_4322

The shorter (black) shock is the replacement.  Using a shorter shock should prevent it from “bottoming out”.  The replacement also has more friction (dampening effect).  The above photo show the shocks in the compressed state whilst the next photo shows them at full extension.

IMG_4323

Fitting them is another outstanding task.  However I don’t feel like working outside as it’s rather hot (35C).  This is the last week of summer and Perth has only received 15% of its annual summer rainfall.

No comments :