Friday 21 February 2020

Slow Progress

Despite insulating the workshop I’ve been finding it’s not worth working in it after 11am.  Well I am retired and time isn’t an issue.  Although I guess it means end date is getting closer!

I used the blade I made for the lawn edger today and it appears to be doing a better job of cutting the grass than the original.

IMG_4320

Meanwhile the hole I’ve been filling in the lounge wall is almost complete. 

IMG_4321

Jan and I agreed the door should have glass panes thereby reducing the risk of walking into each other when opening it.  I’m going to fit a window above the door to allow more light into the room.

All that is left to do is paint preparation and the last of the painting…. Which I’m not looking forward to doing!

Paul the plumber visited yesterday and confirmed my excavations around the sewer pipe were satisfactory.  He will install the connection for the new toilet shortly which will enable me to then continue with the bathroom renovations.

2 comments :

Jenny said...

Things seem to be moving along well with the renovations. It must be difficult working in the hot Perth temperatures.

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Jenny,

I'm just pacing myself with the heat :-)