Saturday 1 February 2020

Yet another success

It was relatively mild today and I decided to remove the two old sheets of polycarbonate from the backyard porch roof.  It wasn’t too hard although I’ve discovered I no longer have much of a head for heights.  The most difficult part of the process was removing the silicon securing the end of each sheet to the steel guttering on the house.  We now have a gaping hole whilst I source a trailer in order to collect replacement sheets.

IMG_4280

The old sheets used to be opaque but have delaminated with years of exposure to UV and temperature. 

IMG_4281

Rather than throw them away I’ve decided I will attempt to reuse them on the lean-to I plan to construct beside the garage. 

It also seemed an opportune time to check if my modified sawdust collector has been successful.  You may recall I replaced the expensive plastic bag system with a metal rubbish bin.  It was ¾ full, so another success.

IMG_4291

We went to Anaconda this morning (Anaconda is an outdoor store) becuase I wanted to buy a fishing rod to replace the one that is now the mast for my trailer sand flag.  I’d decided on a 12ft Ugly Stik which was going to cost $179.  However when we arrived and I started looking at rods I settled on a cheap 10ft rod costing $49,99.  Quite a saving, we then went to the camping section where I found jerrican racks on special.  Instead of $89.95 they were $39.95 and seizing the moment, I purchased two.  At the check out I handed over my membership discount card which dropped the price of the rod to $39.95. 

This is what the jerrican rack will look like on the front of the trailer

IMG_4292

With these latest modification the trailer is almost complete.

No comments :