Wednesday 15 April 2020

Where is the delivery

This self imposed isolation is getting boring.  The hardware delivery hasn’t arrived and I’m looking for things to do.  The problem is this usually results in tinkering with stuff I should leave alone.  Today it was the Canon DSLR camera’s turn.  A firmware update was released in 2016 and I hadn’t applied it to our camera.  Having downloaded the update I was about to upgrade when I read about a program called Magic Lantern.  It’s a piece of public domain software for some Canon cameras which access the camera operating system and improves performance.  That sounded great, so I started tinkering.

Trying to install it proved to be a failure on my part.  The “Help” section suggested I try re-installing the current firmware.  However that version was released in 2009 and I can’t find a copy online.  Eventually I upgraded the Canon firmware to the latest release (successfully) and then tried installing Magic Lantern.  The message on the screen told me I needed the earlier firmware.  End result is the camera has the latest firmware but I was unsuccessful in installing Magic Lantern.

Meanwhile Jan has been looking out the front window and imagining all the changes she would supervise me doing to the gardens!

92864088_10158893064144411_8035527882581213184_n

Untitled-1

5 comments :

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

DHL have lost my stuff I am waiting for. I thought this may tickle your fancy https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/15/hoarder-tried-return-132-packs-toilet-rolls-150-bottles-hand-sanitiser-12558946/

Jennifer said...

Where are you Tom? Hope everything's ok. Is pool built yet? Getting worried now. Jennifer Nb Mactra's Filia - lockdowned in Tassie

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Jennifer,

Haven't been able to write a post as I put my back out digging the shed soak pit hole. I've spent the last 5 weeks mostly horizontal and therefore have not been able to sit in a chair in front of the PC. Normal posts will hopefully return shortly.

Hi Brian,

Yes we had seen the news article on local TV. The supermarket is the losest to our Adelaide home and therefore well known to us.

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Sorry about the back, did mine the beginning of last week pulling weed out of the overgrown, leaking fish pond, ready for a makeover. Quiet bad for a few days and slowly improving but I get very set if I sit for more than a few minutes

Tom and Jan said...

Hello Brian,

I empathize! Just starting to get back to a sitting position.... but only in certain chairs :-)