Thursday 18 June 2020

Initial Success

Jan has filled the new Jarrah cabinet with all her ‘Nick Nacks’.  I’m waiting on the delivery of the door catches from Hong Kong to complete the project. 

P1010024

I’m delighted to report I’ve had some initial success with my seed germination.  Jan scoffed when I informed her I’d only placed one seed in each compartment.  Apparently multiple seeds are required and are then thinned out.  Why waste seeds? Smile

P1010021

Red arrows are my sprouting beetroot seeds and the blue are the spring onions.  Buying spring onion seeds may not have been my best investment as I noticed they we selling in the green grocers for $1.42 a bunch.  Still; don’t count your chickens before they hatch!

The trench for the power cable between the house and the workshop is begging to be dug, however I’m ignoring its demands until my back feels slightly happier.  In the meantime I’ve decided to do something about my Leigh D4 dovetail jig.  It’s been sitting forlornly under the bench collecting dust for far too long.

P1010023 

I’ve decided to make a storage case for it that will have a dual purpose as a mounting stand.  There’s some 12mm plywood in the garage which I’ll probably use.

4 comments :

Dave said...

Hi Tom. Cabinet looks really great. Shame you are on other side of the world as i'd be tempted to put in a commission

Tom and Jan said...

Dave Photoshop is my best friend! :-)

KevinTOO said...

Tom, shame you didn't Photoshop the reflection of your knees from the TV screen 🤣🤣🤣

Tom and Jan said...

Nothing wrong with your eyesight KevinTOO..... :-)