Wednesday 19 August 2020

Alas – and it’s just not fair

Alas, I have been unable to repair one of Jan’s bread maker appliances.  It wasn’t until I had completely disassembled it that I was able to establish repair was impossible.  I’m disappointed, although I note Jan has quickly gone online and purchased a replacement.

P1010092

On a more positive note, I was able to repair the gimbal for the 4K video action camera.

A week of rain has resulted in me spending the bulk of my time inside.  One positive aspect of this enforced confinement was finding the motivation to do more video editing on the 2018 outback trip.  My brother had already informed me there would be a hour of video editing for every minute of finished product.  He was right…. and I still haven’t finished!  I suspect I’m over complicating things in an effort to achieve perfection Smile

I thought I might have solved the instant gas heater problem where it wouldn’t always ignite.  The heater has a hydro ignition system.  When a hot tap is turned on the running water spins a small impeller which then generates a spark to ignite the gas.  We’ve been getting the spark but sometimes the gas doesn’t ignite.  Gas isn’t really an area of expertise for me, but I have had another look at the heater.

P1010090

Tracing the gas line I noticed there was a small bowl shaped air filter on the side of the jet.

P1010091 

When I removed it I noticed the rear portion of the wire gauze bowl had a hole.  Then I looked into the chamber it covers and noticed a small spider which was possibility blocking the air intake.  Have I found the problem?  Time will tell.

Meanwhile Jan’s Daffodils are almost ready to flower.  Several months ago I think I might have managed to buy the last five bulbs in Western Australia . 

P1010095

Daffodils might be as common as muck in the UK but they appear to be a rare as rocking horse droppings in Western Australia.

It’s Just Not Fair

Jan has pointed out how well her plants are growing.

P1010093P1010094

Apple tree from a pip                            Not sure what this one is

Her greens are sprouting and we’ve already had two meals from them.

P1010097

Her spring onions are significantly larger than mine although her rhubarb is a little slow

P1010098

In the next photo it’s Jan’s large beetroot at the far end and my small beetroot and tiny spring onions at the near end.

P1010096

I’m despondent !!!

Catherine the link to the TPMS Ebay seller is below.  However there has been a slight increase in the price (now $35.99 up from $27.98)

Solar and 12V TPMS

2 comments :

Catherine H said...

Thanks for the link to the TPMS seller, will show the DH. Next question, what video editing do you use? I have video clips saved from our trips, but my attempts at editing found that it is a very long steep learning curve, and who has all that time to edit videos? I have heard and read several times it takes up to an hour to edit a minute of video.

Tom and Jan said...

Catherine,
I'm using Pinnacle Studio for the video editing. The program came with the camcorder. If you are looking for free software the following link has a list
https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-video-editing-software-programs-4128924

It is certainly taking me some time to produce the video. Probably because I rarely do it and get impatient.
Tom