Monday 10 August 2020

Deliveries

Australia Post delivered our new 12V air compressor this morning.  Only five days for it to come from the other side of the city! (well this isn’t the UK)

P1010087

This one has a single head so probably half the speed as the original.  According to the label it draws 45 amps so half the demand of the original.  Taking twice as long to pump up a tyre doesn’t particularly worry me (I’m retired and waiting for god!).

I found it on Ebay for $139.04 but decided to check the suppliers website.  It was $119 on their site which was a saving.  Then I gave Jan the link who went searching for a discount code.  Final price was $109 with free delivery.  That girl knows how to save money!  Oh, I checked all the bolts and screws for tightness before using it to add air to the tyres on the 4WD.

The postman also delivered some button batteries I’d ordered online.  They were $6 each in the major supermarkets, which seemed highway robbery.  Ten for $12 online. 

I need them for the 4WD Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) which I purchased from China last year.  The TPMS has a control unit and display on the dash which is wirelessly linked to a sensor on each tyre valve stem.  The display had stopped showing the data for the front left tyre and I initially thought the unit had failed.  Then I considered the possibility that despite the sensor batteries having a life of 3-5 years they may already have been old.  This morning all four sensor batteries were replaced.

P1010088

and were then refitted to their respective valve stems.  The dash display came back to life!

P1010089

Light blue numbers are the tyre pressures in psi and the yellow figures are the tyre air temperature in centigrade.  The control unit has two power sources.  A small solar panel on the top and a usb inlet port on the side.  At under $30 it’s a cheap safety device.

3 comments :

Dave Gibb said...

The left front sensor for my TPMS chews through batteries like they are going out of fashion. On delivery the battery was flat so replaced it. Four days later the battery was flat again. Three batteries in three weeks seems a bit excessive so I am now waiting for the supplier to send me a replacement sensor. The other three are still using the original batteries.

Daykin said...

I ordered a new shower head and rail from Screwfix 4pm this Saturday and at 12 noon Sunday the white van came with it. UK for you !

Catherine H said...

Hi Tom, Do you still have the name of the eBay seller or site where you bought the TPMS? Husband is thinking of buying one.