Thursday 20 August 2020

Spice Girl

Yesterday I suggested we go out for lunch.  “Where?” was the reply.  “How about the local ”Scottish restaurant?”  <AKA The Golden Arches> says me.  The answer wasn’t very enthusiastic!  Reader there is little point in starting expectations high and then trying to work down.  Eventually we agreed on a Chinese meal from the shopping centre food hall. 

Whilst there, Jan decided she needed a couple of things from Aldi.  That’s when she noticed the boxes of spices in the centre isle.  Two different boxes and she was struggling to make a choice.  “Buy both!” says me.  Her “But the expense”.   Me “OK. Leave the money for the kids”.  Jan managed to overcome her guilt and bought both.

P1010099

This morning I spent 30 minutes making a simple kitchen drawer rack for them out of scrap Jarrah,

P1010100

Don’t tell me she’s not spoilt Smile

2 comments :

Jenny said...

She certainly is spoilt, lunch out and all those spices too! I'm sure you are drooling about all those tasty meals which will be served up in the future.

Tom and Jan said...

Jenny... TASTE!!! I eat everything..... :-)