Wednesday 8 December 2021

Positives and a Negative

Oh dear, another week has passed since the last blog update.  Slow progress has been made on the work bench.  The height adjustable saw shelf and saw mounts were fitted early in the week.

P1010686 

Then I realised it might be prudent to make some amendments to the sawdust collection compartment.  I made a second inspection hole and cover with the idea that it would make access to the table saw exhaust easier.

P1010688

With that completed the sheet of 18mm plywood was fitted to the bench top followed by the 18mm sheet of MDF .  The table saw could then be fitted and adjusted.

P1010690

The next step was to complete the installation of the mitre saw which will fold down when not required.

P1010689

It was temporarily held in place whilst I completed the adjustments to ensure the saw surface was plumb with the bench top.  Then I fitted catches to hold it in the working position.

P1010691

The last step was to make the cover plate to conceal the saw when it’s stored.

A length of 4” flexible hose has been purchased to complete the dust extraction system and that will be the next task.

More bike accessory parts have arrived from China.  I’ve now fitted the saddle storage bag, pump, water bottle holder and a front stem extension (the blue piece below the handlebars.

P1010693 

I needed the extension as I found bending over was hurting my backThe bike has given me the freedom to extend my area of exploration but unfortunately I’ve overdone the exercise and injured my left knee.  It’s making crunching and loud clicking sounds whilst also being rather stiff (the knee… not the bike).  No bike riding at this time.  That’s the negative news! 

The infamous Australian bulldust has been mentioned in an earlier post.  It’s very fine and gets everywhere!  Two weeks ago I was washing the 4WD when I realised there was dust throughout the engine compartment.  After looking online I found a set of car detailing brushes on AliExpress.  They arrived today.

P1010692

I’m rather pleased with their size, quality and price.  Now I have another job!

No comments :