Wednesday 8 March 2023

You learn something new every day!

This was a revelation to me!  Jan  has been experimenting with the 14 different cooking functions of "The Beast",  Yesterday she cooked a beef roast in "The Beast" using the dehydration mode.  My assumption was the finished product would look like dried leather.  Perhaps beef jerky!  It was quite a surprise to discover the cooked roast was pink in the middle, juicy and tender.

roast beef

Then she roasted the potatoes and carrots in "The Beast" using the steam function.  They were lovely and crisp.   

veggies

The results seem to defy logic?

This morning I went for a 74km bike ride.  I've been wondering why when riding north on the cycle path beside the Tonkin Freeway (motorway) I get overtaken by the "boy racers".  But then never see them on their way back.  I'm riding 'there and back' whilst they must be doing a circuit.  But where?

Last time I cycled to the northern end of Lake Joondalup I noticed a sign pointing east to the Tonkin Freeway.  That's when I realised this might be the northern leg of their circuit.  Today I decided to cycle that circuit.

cycle080323

I've previously ridden the red portion of the above route.   Today I included the blue portion.  I won't be doing it again!  The road isn't cycling friendly and is used by a large number of heavy trucks.  Moreover the road surface isn't smooth.  Good luck to the boy racers.  I'll stick to the cycleways!  

No comments :