Thursday 23 July 2020

Aligned and ready to go

Steve from ‘Free Wheeling’ came yesterday and completed the wheel alignment on the off-road trailer.  I had been concerned the wheels were out of alignment as I could see more of the right side of the trailer in the rear vision mirror when towing it.  That proved to be correct as Steve’s calibration showed the trailer was 13mm out of alignment.

P1010062 

None of the tyre or wheel alignment workshops could do a trailer wheel alignment which led me to Steve who has a mobile wheel alignment business; mostly specializing on large trucks (lorries) and big trailers.

with the wheel alignment done I focussed on fitting the new recovery track carrier to the lid of the freezer compartment and then fitted the 5th jerry can.  The trailer now has the capability to carry 100 litres of diesel.

P1010063

I’m now looking forward to a trial trip before attempting something more substantial.

1 comment :

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

How did you adjust the wheels, most trailers I have seen, even 4 wheel ones where tracking is even more important don't have adjustment