Saturday 18 July 2020

Completed….. Well almost!

Some of the scrap plywood and Jarrah hardwood has been put to good use as a case for my Leigh D4 dovetail jig.

P1010058 

The back which opens

Inside is the dovetail jig.  I need to make a small compartment inside for the instruction manual……. when I can find the elusive manual.

P1010059

I’ve stolen much of the case design from the ‘New Brit Workshop’ You Tube channel.  The case has been designed so that it has a dual role as a storage case and a jig bench.

P1010060

Prior to making the case the jig was on the bench top where it was too low and caused an aching back.  Now it’s the right height.

I recycled some castors which have been fixed to one end of the case enabling me to wheel it around the workshop and store it vertically.

P1010061 

Meanwhile, Jan is making ‘All In’ pizza for dinner.  This is where she goes through the cupboards and fridge finding all the old food scraps to place on top of her pizza dough.  Should be tasty!

No comments :