Saturday 11 July 2020

This is discouraging

You may recall I planted some beetroot and spring onion seeds.  Being precise, I only planted one seed into each pod of potting mix.  If they had been going into the garden I’d probably have used a spirit level and tape measure (it’s the engineer in me)!

Well all but two of my beetroot seeds have germinated, along with all of the spring onion seeds.  However they are not growing very fast.  I thought it might be the wrong time of year.

P1010048

Meanwhile Jan washes some seeds out of a pumpkin she bought and a pip from one of my Pink Lady Apples.  She then planted them in some of the ‘seed pods’ I made.   The Pink Lady apple pip has germinated.

P1010047

And not only did the pumpkin pips germinate, Jan has already transferred them into the garden and thinned them.

P1010049P1010050P1010051

This is most unfair.  Why can’t I have ‘green fingers’?

2 comments :

KevinTOO said...

Accept it Tom, you just can't be good at *everything* you do 😂

Dave Gibb said...

Why can't you have green fingers?? Because you are an engineer!! You are only allowed rust or grease coloured... from another engineer who would also like to be able to grow stuff like his wife does.. BTW, that spare wheel cradle looks decidedly like a Kiwi Nº 8 wire bodge up and I am not too sure about the red hooks either. Waiting to see the pink straps!