Wednesday 1 July 2020

Day 3 of the 2 Day Project

“Told Porkies!”  That’s what came to mind as I started the third day of fitting the bullbar to the 4x4.  They told me it would take six hours!  Most of yesterday was wasted as I fitted the bar only to then have to remove it as the fit wasn’t correct.  Today I managed to complete everything (I hope) apart from the wiring for the bar indicators and day running lights.

P1010035

I’m ‘pooped’ and looking forward to a cleansing ale Smile

This old fool should spend more time thinking about what projects are within his capabilities!

Still, the local ‘boy racers’ may now think twice about taking me on. Smile However it wasn’t fitted for that reason….. Desert camels spring to mind.

Alf/Brian, I doubt the toilet paper ‘crisis’ will affect us.  We managed last time and the supermarkets have been very quick to introduce rationing.  No doubt there will be some instances of sumo wrestling in the aisles. 

Brian, whilst Stansted Airport usually handles 20 million passengers annually, the figure for May 2020 dropped 99% to 13,708. <link>.  Even that seems rather high as I assume most arrivals and departures would be residents returning to their home country.  But then earlier this week 230 Australian residents return from India/Pakistan.  What astonished me was that in May there were 3500 Australian residents/citizens in India all requiring repatriation.  This is the single largest number from a country.

Stay safe Jo

Finally, we almost had a crisis with the pre-wash on the dishwasher today.  Jan was attempting to shut the dishwasher door when it started making terrible shrieking noises.  Molly had sneaked inside and was prewashing the plates.  She almost had a wash and rinse Smile

6 comments :

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

With the bull bars maybe the car/jeep should be called Mad Max!

Catherine H said...

Indian citizins with also Australian residency?, I wonder.

Tom and Jan said...

Steve after the days of fitting the bar I should be Max Max... or Crazy Tom

Tom and Jan said...

Catherine, I suspect you are correct in your assumption. All those former TAFE students who worked "part-time" and after two years gained residency. Then they went home.

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Maybe it would take 6 hours if you were young and fit, O and also did it right first time.
I changed the ball valve in out cold water header tank in the loft this week, a five minute job, 1 screwed union and 1 locknut to remove and the same for the new one. It took 2 hours and I ended up sawing the old valve in half and then sawing down the end to split the inner nut. Its times like this I didn't wish I know how to do things and call a plumber in. 72 is getting on for crawling round in lofts.

Tom and Jan said...

Sad but true Brian.

The brain still believes this body is 32 :-)