Wednesday 25 November 2020

The body is saying something different!

Yesterday evening I sneakily co-opted Jan into helping me install one of the new pool fencing panels.  This leaves one final panel to complete the task.  However that won’t be done until the pool pavers are delivered.  The missing panel will make access to the pool area easier!

P1010209

Newly installed middle panel with the last panel temporarily secured to the right

Jan woke me from a very pleasant dream early this morning to inform me “The pavers are being delivered!”  In my befuddled state I was cursing (under my breath) as delivery was supposed to be tomorrow.  Well actually delivery was today, but my brain was still in yesterday!  We have two large pallets of limestone pavers on our front lawn that need to be moved to the backyard.  The weather forecast was for another hot day!!!

I started moving the pavers using the wheelbarrow and quickly discovered that whilst my brain was telling me “You can do this” The body was saying something entirely different!  Age is catching up with me very fast.  I had to settle for multiple trips moving only six pavers in each barrow load.  As it was I had to stop quarter of the way through the task and take a break to recover.  After lunch I moved the remaining pavers from the first pallet.

P1010210

Stacked out the back.  Yes, I broke one Sad smile

The second pallet is still out the front after my body won the battle with the brain.

P1010211

Please let it be cooler tomorrow and with some luck my body won’t be too stiff to complete the task.

The pallets need to be returned asap as there is a $40 refund to be had.

No comments :