Thursday 12 November 2020

The Pool

Dave from Freedom Pools visited yesterday morning and completed the swimming pool installation.  Despite me informing Jan that it was her pool and therefore her responsibility to do the cleaning that is apparently not the case.  All outside maintenance is mine!

I have to admit the pool looks good now it has been cleaned.

pool1

It will look even better when the paving is completed.  I might be tempted to take a dip on a very hot day…. Well I am the one doing the cleaning.  Which according to Dave must be completed weekly!

I had my suspicions I’d be the one doing the cleaning and water quality control which is one reason why we have gone for a system that is as automatic as possible.  The motor, pump, filter, etc is around the back of the shed which happens to be a secluded location and the back wall of the workshop should direct any pump noise at the neighbours <hehehe>.  Actually the pump is very quiet!

P1010200 

Components

A – Hydrochloric acid container.  The Controller automatically adds the acid to adjust the water pH balance.

B – Motor and pump with leaf catcher

C – Controller

D – Wifi box

E – Cartridge filter

F – UV water sanitiser

G – Chlorinator (splits the salt in the water into sodium and chlorine)

The system can be controlled and monitored remotely using the wifi to the home network.  There is going the be a need to build some type of lean to over all these components.

I was examining the screens on the controller display panel.

disp1

Everything is running automatically and the water is being chlorinated.  The system automatically starts at 8am and stops at 6pm.  I might move all that back by an hour to ensure the system runs off the electricity generated by our solar panels

disp2

pH balance is set to 7.4ppm and is actually 7.3.  The system has only been working for 22 hours so the required level should be reached shortly.  I’ll need to watch the acid level as we are probably going through a significant amount during the start-up.

disp3

Chlorine is also still low.  Currently 600 and set for 690

disp4

The pump has four speeds with 4 being the highest.  Obviously the higher the speed the more electricity required.

I have not dropped the cleaning robot into the pool.  Dave told me to clean the pool manually until the paving had been completed.  I’m now in the middle of reading the instructions for the testing kit.

2 comments :

Ade said...

Looking good Tom pool equipment certainly come along since my pool installation days 20 or more years ago.
Is there really a need for a fence around it?
Be bob on when the hard landscaping is finished.
Cheers
Add

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Ade
Australian pool regulations require an 1800mm high fence on adjacent properties and a 1200mm high fence where the pool isn't against a boundary.

I'm communicating with the Android App Developer about some of the remote functionality.