Monday 6 November 2023

Last Day in Taiwan

What to do in my last day?

Breakfast seemed a good starting point.  My host, Kiri had left me something to eat and I was interested to see what was in the pot.

P1030493

Two steamed buns with cabbage and pork filling along with a hard boiled egg.  There was also a jug of hot soy milk.

I decided to visit Taipei 101 which is the highest building in Taiwan and the 11th highest building in the world.  There is an observatory towards the top.  The skyscraper has 101 floors above ground and a further four floors below ground level. 

It was an error on my part deciding to walk.  The day was hot and humid which meant I was sweating by the time I arrived.

Opposite Taipei 101 was another building that reminded me of "The Pen".  One of two skyscrapers in Riyadh.

P1030495   

The top does look slightly like the nib of a ballpoint pen.

P1030494

The lower floors of Taipei 101 are filled with high brand shops.

P1030496P1030498

Looking down from the 4th floor

It appeared Royal Salute was having some type of advertising function on the 3rd floor

P1030497

Just after 11am I attempted to purchase a $400 (A$20) ticket for the Observation Deck only to be informed the next available vacancy was 1pm.  Immediately I realised that if there was a two hour queue then the Observatory Deck would be crowded.  Moreover I wasn't interested in waiting two hours or returning later. 

I returned to my accommodation and completed my final packing before heading to the airport for my flight to Hong Kong and onwards to Perth.

Taiwan is an interesting country to visit.  The people and friendly and I always felt safe.  My assessment was the standard and cost of living was roughly the same as Australia.

Flying home my thoughts turned to the various projects I'm thinking of completing over the next few months.

 

No comments :