Thursday 30 November 2023

What's This??

Today we received three parcels from Aliexpress.

The first was a replacement suction mount for the video camera.  It will be used to secure the camera to the inside of the vehicle windscreen.  Actually it's a replacement for one I lost misplaced a year ago.

The second parcel contained the camera clamp I'd ordered.  I want to mount the 4K video camera and gimbal on the bike and the original plastic mounting bracket wasn't up to the job.  The camera kept moving.  This mount is made from metal and appears to be far stronger.

P1030574

I've discovered if I mount the camera directly to the bike handlebar then the vibration when riding results in shaking video footage.  I'm hoping this new clamp will allow me to secure the camera and gimbal to the handlebar and the gimbal will eliminate most of the vibration.

P1030575

I need to do a test ride to both check that the clamp is sufficiently strong and that the gimbal removes the vibration.

The last parcel was a conundrum! 

label

It contained a small purple frame.  The label on the parcel had been overlayed on the original by the Perth based local courier company.  I could faintly see some of the detail on the original Chinese label and could see it was addressed to Jan.  But neither of us had ordered this item.  The only outstanding delivery from Aliexpress is the LED bulb for the Torch project.  Had the supplier got our order wrong?  We don't know!

Eventually I removed the purple item from it's packaging and it appears to be a miniature folding chair.  Something you might find in a dolls house! 

1 comment :

Veggi said...

I once ordered a cycle stand on Amazon and received some very nice chop sticks 😀