Monday 16 October 2023

Back to Puli Town

Another good dinner last night.  I found a small restaurant and ordered two dishes electing to forgo the rice.

IMG_20231014_184038

An omelette with vegetables and the second dish consisting of braised beef and vegetables.  Note they recognised my eating habit and gave me a small shovel with the omelette. Smile

Another killer night (for my back) on the futon bed.  In the middle of the night I doubled over the duvet lengthwise to give me some cushioning and slept on top.  I think all the cheap hotels must have futons!

It was an easy ride back to Puli.  Shuishe is 400 metres higher, which meant much of my return to Puli was coasting downhill.  The satnav said the journey would take an hour which gave me plenty of time to stop at anything looking interesting.

The first thing I noticed was how much clearer the day was compared to yesterday.

P1030176

Last look at Sun Moon Lake

Towards the base of the first descent I stopped for a photo of the ranges to the east.  That is where I will be heading tomorrow

P1030177

As I was taking the next photo I noticed what might be a Chinese Arch on the left.

P1030178

House or temple?

P1030179

It's actually the entrance arch to a temple behind the houses

P1030180P1030181

Further on a small festival appeared to be commencing. 

P1030182

P1030183

Stopped at a 7-Eleven for brunch carefully positioning the bike in an out of the way corner on its stand.   Only for a local to decided he wanted to be in that same corner and attempted to squeeze past the bike toppling it over.

The cable to the headlamp was broken in the incident.

P1030184

I'll have to fix that on my return home.  The rear electric brake sensor was also dislodged from the left brake lever.  I found a rubber band and made a temporary repair.

P1030185

My hotel for the night was reached just as it started to lightly rain.  The clouds were rolling down the mountainside.  I'm going that way tomorrow and I'm hoping it will clear by then.

P1030186

 

2 comments :

Jenny said...

Looks like a nice meal, just a shame about your uncomfortable beds.

Tom and Jan said...

Jenny I'm starting to believe 2 star means futon and 3 star means comfort.