Thursday 21 May 2020

Gate and Roll

I’ve made and installed the entrance gate to my new shelter between the garage and our neighbour.  Jan suggested it was probably overkill for Molly the dachshund.  Whilst I am known for over-engineering things perhaps Jan doesn’t realise just how high a dachshund can jump!
P1000026
With the new sheet steel fencing in place it makes a reasonably safe storage area for the second set of 4x4 tyres.
P1000027
A sheet of polycarbonate is required to finish the roof.
Meanwhile I’ve been making slow but steady progress with the display cabinet.  All the major components have now been cut, glued and sanded.  The drawers have been constructed and I’ve made a template for the holes the adjustable shelf supports will require.
Mick I now have photographic evidence the cardboard toilet roll tubes are the same diameter.
P1000025
The Costco roll definitely has more paper!

2 comments :

Jo Lodge said...

Hi to you both.

Loving the new gate.
Hope you are both keeping well?

Jo x

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Jo,

I was surprised how well the gate turned out. Guess it will need to be painted at some point. When are you coming to do the painting? :-)

Stay safe

Tom & Jan