Sunday 29 October 2023

Wet

Woke this morning refreshed after a good night's sleep.  It must have been the result of the steady drone from the air-conditioning unit!

Looked out the window and unsurprisingly it was raining.  I went for a local walk shortly before noon.  There wasn't much to see.

P1030393

Entrance to the port

P1030398

You might wonder if I'd stumbled upon an aquarium shop.

P1030390

It's actually one of three large restaurants on the road adjacent to my motel.   These guys are on the menu.

P1030391

There would have been half a dozen large tour buses stopped in the street disgorging mainland Chinese tourists.   Obviously they like seafood.

P1030392P1030399

The third restaurant in a row

P1030400

I was also hungry.  However I wasn't about to enter a restaurant full of mainland Chinese.  Culturally they are incredibly noisy.

On the corner was a 7-Eleven and I resigned myself to another zapped meal.

P1030394

Pasta with ham and three cheeses sauce.

The 7-Eleven's do sell hot food.

P1030395

Hot dog machine.  I've eaten them and they are OK.

P1030396

Sweet Potato.  They seem quite popular but I find the taste bland.

P1030397

Eggs boiled in tea.  Know as 'Tea Eggs'.  To me they taste like a brown coloured boiled egg.

I was hoping tomorrows weather forecast would be dry.  Unfortunately not!  I've resigned myself to the idea I'm going to get wet from the sky along with being sprayed with dirty water from passing traffic.   It's also going to be a long wet day of cycling as I plan on reaching Jiufen.

cycling day 21

 

No comments :