Saturday 7 October 2023

What's for Dinner

The Keelung Night Market was only two blocks from my hotel and it's famous for seafood.

P1030016P1030017

Obviously the market is very popular.   I walked around inspecting the various stalls noticing many had the name of their specialty written in English above the stall.

P1030018

This one was selling pigs trotters soup.  Maybe not tonight!

As a first dish I opted for the oyster omelette.

P1030022P1030023

It was quite tasty and only cost A$3.50

My last dish looked like some type of pastry roll filled with vegetables.

P1030015 w P1030024

Another A$3.50 dish.  It turned out to be some type of green vegetable wrapped in what I think was pork belly.  The lady cut my roll into wagon wheels and gave it to me in a small plastic box.

The man who made my hotel bed from bricks must have placed them rough side up.  It was a very restless night as I painfully moved from one hip to another.  In the morning I decided to check the view from my room window.

P1030026

You get what you pay for!

The hotel is under the arch and down the alley

P1030050

The entrance is very small.  A desk with stairs to the upper floors beside it.

P1030027

I've found yet another electrical socket in the room.  Yes, it is also falling off the wall!

The hotel can't be as good as one reviewer wrote.  No sign of cockroaches or bed bugs.  Perhaps my floor it too high for them, or there are plenty of easier picking on the lower floors!

I have a plan for sleeping tonight.  I will lay the two pillows lengthwise in the groove and balance myself on them.  More sleep I hope!

 

No comments :